Sunday 11 September 2011

August Ins and Outs

A little late this one, but I was trying to actually write some reviews of books read on August.
August was a good month for reading (not as good as July, thought), and with a few purchases as well. No Bookmooched books, though (I seem to have finally spent all my points)


INS
Bought
Null-A Three by A. E. Van Vogt
Found this at the supermarket at very low price, and I'm not the kind of girl to say no to a book bargain.







A clash of kings by George R.R. Martin
I was starting to wonder why it was taking so long for this book to arrive. When I finally got the package, there was a little sticker that explained everything: Missent to Australia











The king of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner
I was avidly waiting for these two. You'll find one of them again below, and the reason it isn't the two, it is because A Conspiracy of Kings only arrived on the last day of August




Bought Used (and in this case, already read)

Seer of Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier
My copy! Finally! After bookdepository sent my first one to limbo!








OUTS
Fire study by Maria V. Snyder

[Review]

Rating: 2 out 5





Swordspoint by Ellen Kushner

[Review]

Rating: 4 out 5






The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells

[Review]

Rating: 3.5 out 5





Revelation by Carol Berg     Review to come
The sequel to Transformation. It wasn't what I expected, but that is neither good or bad. It had some good things, a lot of history and tradition of the Ezzarians, and even more about the demons they fight. And yes, there were quite a few revelations in there.
Bonus: A much better cover


Rating: 4 out 5




The king of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner    Review to come
The third in The Queen's Thief series (my new favourite series!). Not told by the POV of Gen, but he is there. It feels different from the other two, less danger I would say, but there are a lot of dangerous situations in there. Maybe more homely. But still very good.

Rating: 4.5 out 5



TBR Variation: -1 (From 203 to 202)

2 comments:

  1. That picture still cracks me up. "Missent to Australia" *rofl* lucky package! Have you googled your address to see if there's a street with a similar name to yours in Australia? You should! (Just for fun) xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since it was sent to my mum's work, I googled Via Panoramica - none in Australia, but lots of them in Italy...

    ReplyDelete