Wednesday 12 May 2010

A Ride on the Red Mare’s Back by Ursula K. le Guin

Like I said in another post, Ursula K. le Guin is one of my favourite authors.

Today I was checking her website and came upon a mp3 file of her reading from A Ride on the Red Mare's Back. You can download it (or listen if your browser supports it) here. It is a big file: 23Mb - 28 minutes.

A Ride on the Red Mare's Back

I think it's always great when the authors read their story. They can give the proper intonation to it. Ursula K. le Guin does it brilliantly, with troll voices and children voices.

Most important, it has a soundtrack. For the first minutes I actually wasn't sure there would be story at all. But the music was so beautiful. It reminded me a bit of anime soundtrack (and not the J-pop kind), a bit like Escaflowne's.

I really enjoyed listening to this story. Now I want the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment