So, what has happened in the last 5.5 years?
Well, I'm still at same job that lead me to read less. The job changed location one time (and will do again soon), I changed house twice, both times to be in walking distance to work, so no reading on commutes (this will change when job changes address). This means that my reading rate skydived to almost nothing.
|Look at this! Look at 2013. I don't know what happened in 2013.|
|So that's what happened in 2013.|
55 Hobbits happened
Tumblr started to take more of my time, because it's easier to just reblog stuff instead of creating new material, right?
Got my eyes fixed (Yay!) and couldn't read for awhile. I tried audiobooks, and while I liked it, I still prefer reading.
Google Reader died (and I'm still not over it), and it meant that keeping tabs with blogs was harder. Question [to the void, maybe]: How do you guys now keep track of new posts?
Another new hobby is podcasts, which some can count as stories, but I don't really track as such. Ditto for the BBC dramatisations.
Knitting is also a new hobby, but I can't multitask it with reading (maybe I can with audiobooks, provided it is not a very complicated pattern)
So the result: A huge TBR list. Huge. Books to last me till 2035, assuming no more books are acquired, which is a very unrealistic assumption (trust me, I did the math. I have a spreadsheet).
Despite not updating the blog, I've participated on the Goodreads reading challenge every year (because you pledge early in the year, when you're motivated, and that's what new year's resolutions are for - stuff you end up not accomplishing).
Look at all these failed resolutions
So, this year I'll be participating in even more challenges, now with fancy names, because I really can't help myself. Here they are
- Pace yourself: Read 15 books
- Keep things balanced: 50% of books by female authors
- Polyglot: 1/8 of books read in Portuguese, at least 1 in Spanish, and 1 in Galician
- Orgulho Nacional [National Pride]: 15% of books read from Portuguese speaking authors
- Tame that pile: Reduce the TBR list by at least 1 book
- Out of my comfort zone: Read 1 non-fic book
- Read our own tomes (ROOT, a LibraryThing Challenge): Read 12 books acquired in 2012 or before (with a Fibonacci twist: 1 from 2012, 1 from 2011, 2 from 2010, 3 from 2009 and 5 from before)
Tracking will be semi-live on this page (and live on my spreadsheet).
So, yay to being back. Let's see if I can keep up.