Tuesday 27 December 2011

Top 10 of 2011 - Top 10 Book Covers of 2011

The second day of the week of the Top 10 of 2011, hosted by Confessions of a Bookaholic, A Life Bound By Books, Fiktshun and Two Chicks on Books. Today's theme: Pretty Covers! Ohhh... Shiny! *.*

I had a bit of trouble on this top. Not because there was any lack of pretty covers, but because I couldn't decide whether to be books I've read this year or books I acquired this year. I went with the last option, but just one book in this list is yet to be read.


Top 10 Book Covers of 2011

1 - Plain Kate
So pretty! One of the biggest reasons I got this book. (Bonus: This is another idea for the cover - but it didn't get picked)

2 - Sunshine
Again, so pretty! I got this edition because it's prettier than the others (Spirals!). And once I got it, I realized: it sparkles! Shiny!


3 - My Name is Mina
Never mind that it's a prequel of sorts to Skellig. This cover jumped right at me!


4 - Contos Carnivoros
Another one that jumped right at me in the bookshop because of the cover. Pretty!


5 - Jane Eyre
This one was not bought solely because of the cover, but this edition caught my once, twice, three times in the bookshop, so I ended it up buying it.


6 - The Inheritance books: The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms and The Broken Kingdoms
The beautiful cover of The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms was the reason I started paying attention to this series. Then came the good reviews. And The Broken Kingdoms keeps with the theme of good covers.


7 - The Queen's Thief collection - The Thief, The Queen of Attolia, The King of Attolia and A Conspiracy of Kings
Not the reason for buying or reading these books, but the illustrations on the covers are gorgeous.



8 - Shatter
This was a freebie on Amazon, but there are plenty of ebooks free there, so why did I even "buy" it? The cover, sirs, the cover.


9 - King's Wrath
The previous two books in the Valisar trilogy had beautiful covers, and the last instalment could be no different.


10 - The Field Guide
The Spiderwick books being pretty much the only non-comic, non-compulsory books my little cousin has read (and I mean, really read. The whole series!), I decided to give it a try (in this case, acquiring them, I have yet to read). No, it wasn't Holly Black writing it (although now it was a certain weight in the decision), nor the illustrations by Tony DiTerlizzi (although I very much fond of those). But the cover is really pretty.


Extra
Today's extra: Varjak Paw

The cover is pretty, but not as much as the ones on the Top 10. But the illustrations inside. Ohh...so pretty.






No comments:

Post a Comment