Monday 6 June 2011

May Ins And Outs

INs

Bookmooch
Buffalo Gals and Other Animal Presences by Ursula K. Le Guin
I really like Ursula K. Le Guin's books, and didn't have this one. Now I do :D

Fables: Legends in Exile by Bill Willingham
This one I'm not sure how it came to be on my bookmooch wishlist, but it became available so I snagged it.



Bought
Contos Carnívoros by Bernard Quiriny [Carnivore Short Stories]
I found this one on a bookstore. I picked it up because of its title and the pretty cover. It promised surreal short stories, so I had to have it



The Year of the Hare by Arto Paasilinna
While looking for books for SantaThing on Librarything last Christmas, I came across this one. It is supposed to be the most famous Finnish book, and quite good so I'll give it a try.





La hormiga que quiso ser astronauta by Felix J. Palma
By now I am a fan of Felix J. Palma, so I'm buying anything of his I can get my hands on.






North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
I've meaning to read this one for ages (ever since I saw the mini-series). Now I have no excuse






Plain Kate by Erin Bow
I saw the book trailer for this one aeons ago. It has been on my wishlist ever since, and now I finally bought it






The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin
Good reviews, pretty cover, cool sounding name, a lot of nominations to all kinds of awards. I had to have this one (and I still don't know what it's about.)





For Review
El derecho ambiental como instrumento de gestión del riesgo tecnológico by Paula Cerski Lavratti

Won this one in Librarything EarlyReviewers program. Something that interests me, but it's a technical book.


OUTS
El menor espectáculo del mundo by Félix J. Palma
This a collection of short stories, a bit like snapshots into everyday life, where the surreal, strange and fantastical seems to enter. A lot of the stories deal with problems of marriage, of disgruntled couples, and betrayals. Most are about problems of the heart, whether in married couples or not. A few give an outlook into the life of elders, and their solitude.

[Full Review]



Life, the Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams
This is the third on the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. I loved the first one and liked the second, but this was just kind of meh...

It's still funny, but it's just more of the same. Also there was a lot of cricket-related stuff that I'm sure went over my head. So, meh...





Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith

This one was an insistence from a friend. I'm glad that I paid some heed to my friend's constant nagging, because it was an excellent book.

[Full Review]








TBR Variation: +6 (From 185 to 191)

3 comments:

  1. Fables is a nice graphic novel. Maybe you'll like it.

    It's amusing that I got interested in Contos Carnívoros for the same reasons as you. I'll wait for your opinion before buying. :)

    Plain Kate's bootrailer is quite catchy. It got my interest too, so one more review I'm expecting. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I'm a nagger. And proud of it too. :p
    Oh Mr.Thornton...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ana

    I'm looking forward reading Fables, and try to figure out why it was on my wishlist :)

    @jen

    Oh, Mr. Thornton...

    ReplyDelete